Hello! I’m Rafik.
I am a programmer, sailor, and wanderer who is currently traveling around the world.
I’m interested in slow travel, languages (both human and computer ones), sailing, psychogeography, and storytelling, amongst many other things.
What keeps me busy?
- Previously (May to August 2017):
- Trainee sailor aboard the traditional schooner Atyla, sailing from Portugal to Bermuda, and then aboard the three-masted square-rigged tall-ship Picton Castle, sailing from Bermuda to Québec and Eastern Canada
- Currently (September to December 2017):
- Learning traditional seamanship, sailmaking, wooden boat building, and more in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, while enjoying the unique maritime culture of the East Coast.
- Next (January 2018 onwards):